Friday, December 1, 2023

Some Lutterloh Gifts

 Children's Collection 3
Special Edition 39 
Pajamas and nightshirt for my son's niece

    Hello again Lutterloh enthusiasts. I thought I would get a jump on some sewing for the holidays. Sewing for children can be so rewarding and Lutterloh makes it easier with their customizable sizing. 
 
Pattern Hints:    
     This pattern is from the most recent Special Edition for children but it also appears in Supplement #319 from 2020. Unlike many recent Lutterloh patterns the neckline on this pattern is not actually as wide as the drawing makes it look. I made the nightshirt first and decided to make the ribbed neck binding a little longer for the pajamas. 
 
Design Changes:
    Since the sleeves are interchangeable for these patterns I ended up with long sleeves on the nightshirt and shorter ones on the pajamas. This had more to do with a shortage of fabric than any real design decision. I was just trying to make the items look cohesive with the fabric that I had on hand. 
 
Fabric Used/Suggested:
    As the symbol indicates this pattern is intended for knit or stretch fabric. The nightshirt is a lovely cotton interlock from Fabric Worm and the pajamas are made from a mystery fabric from a rummage sale. One of the nice aspects of sewing children's clothes is that it doesn't take much fabric. I still didn't have quite enough thus the contrasting sleeves. 
 
Closing Hints:
    Somehow I thought I was getting a head start to my holiday sewing but there is just so much more to do! At least kids pajamas are a fast project and ultimately satisfying because they always turn out so cute. 
 
Here's hoping you get all your holiday sewing done in time. I sure hope I do anyway.
 
Happy sewing everyone,
Ann in Calif.

No comments:

Post a Comment