Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Lutterloh Patterns Come Alive!

 Supplement 313 - Model#42 - 2019    
   Hi there Lutterloh fans. We're having, what I hope, is the last heat wave of the season. I'm wishing for cooler weather so decided to make these lightweight pants for the transition. I looked for a wider leg but with the ease of an elastic waist. This pattern fit the bill nicely.

Pattern Hints:  
   There were no problems drawing out this pattern. It's a pretty basic pattern that can be used for many looks depending on the fabric choice. I didn't use the pocket pattern for these pants because I have a favorite pocket pattern that I know works with so many patterns. There's no point in reinventing the wheel. 😉 
 
Design Changes:
   As mentioned this is a straight forward pattern that just needs some personal fitting fixes. The fashion drawing does show slits on the inseams of these pants. I didn't want the legs to be any wider or floppier so I sewed the entire inseam, top to bottom. 
No pockets in the back make this a quick sew. Side seam pockets sew up fast and you can place them anywhere on the side seam to suit your preference.
 
Fabric Used/Suggested:
   My fabric for these pants is a nice 100% cotton oxford cloth. It's just the right weight to transition into some cooler weather. I told my husband "All I need now is an invitation to a yacht party 😜! Not likely, but a girl can dream. 
   Since there is no knit symbol on this pattern we can assume that many different woven fabrics will do. Of course a stretch fabric could be used with perhaps deeper seam allowances depending on the amount of stretch. I see this as a very useful pattern now that I've adjusted the fit. 
 
Closing Hints:
    I'm so glad I took the time to get this pattern to fit well. I already have plans for a couple more pairs in flannel and maybe chambray or rayon challis. This basic pull on pants pattern is a keeper! 
 
Here's hoping you find some favorites in your Lutterloh patterns. Until next time...
Happy sewing everyone,
 
Ann in Calif.     

No comments:

Post a Comment