Sunday, July 10, 2016

Vintage Lutterloh Gallery!

So Folks, Our Vintage Lutterloh Sewcial has concluded. 
We would like to present the work of our talented followers below.
(Listed in the order received) 
1. First name and country where you live.
Susan, Mexico
2. What appealed to you about this vintage pattern?
I like the gathered sleeve for airflow and to accommodate my large biceps. The yoke offers the opportunity to mix fabrics and highlight details. As soon as I saw this, I knew that I would mix the crocheted lace and the dotted cotton.
3. What is your favorite period of vintage Lutterloh fashions? 
I am not a big "vintage" fan. And I take exception to the 80s being vintage! But I have a special fondness for the 80s patterns because I  started my Lutterloh journey in the 80s. I mixed and matched pattern pieces and made the same dresses for my daughter and me. But not matching fabrics, that would have been so uncool!
 1. First name and country where you live.

Susan Mexico
2. What appealed to you about this vintage pattern?
I liked the short, full sleeves, the collar and the back shoulder darts. Because of those back shoulder darts, I am planning to use this as a sloper for sleeveless woven tops.
3. What is your favorite period of vintage Lutterloh fashions?  
I am still fiddling around with "vintage" Lutterloh. I like 60s, 70s,80s.
I also like the look of the 30s, but they are very complicated which means a lot of time cutting marking and testing!
__________________________________________________________________
 1. First name and country where you live.
Ann in Calif. - U.S.A.
 2. What appealed to you about this vintage pattern?
My brother has finally worn through our Dad's shirts from the sixties. I figured the best way to replicate one would be to use a sixties pattern. This looks very much like one of Dad's shirts and my brother is delighted. I did make an artistic decision to change the top-stitching a little and it makes this shirt now a true one of a kind.
3. What is your favorite period of vintage Lutterloh fashions?
I prefer the Lutterloh patterns of the 1940s. I have some truly fantastic photos of my mother and her sisters in these fashions! 
__________________________________________________________________
   
 1. First name and country where you live.
 My name is Ruth and I come from Birmingham in the UK.
 2. What appealed to you about this vintage pattern?
 I love the collar/tie, and pockets on this 1950s vintage dress and think it would be great to wear for work. It is really comfortable and can be cinched in with a belt to get a look more akin to the model's version (if you happen to have an 18" waist!).
3. What is your favorite period of vintage Lutterloh fashions?
The 1950s are my favourite vintage Lutterloh patterns. I love the silhouettes, the elegant cuts and the feminine details. The designs are so flattering and the illustrations are wonderful with a matching array of hats, gloves, belts and bags. I also think the classic shapes make them very wearable today and can't wait to make some more items to wear alongside designs from the current Lutterloh supplements. 
__________________________________________________________________

Thank you ladies so much for participating in our 
Strictly Vintage Lutterloh Sewcial!

Isn't it nice to have a new garment to wear knowing you put your heart into it?
Wear it with pride!

Keep on sewing those Lutterloh patterns, new and old, and feel free to contact us about showcasing your Lutterloh fashions here on the blog.

Smiles,
Fonnell and Ann   

8 comments:

  1. Ann your brother's shirt looks wonderful on him. And Ruth you dress is lovely and the color is striking with you hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking how nice that we all ended up with something so wearable despite using vintage patterns. Lutterloh does know how to do classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have each made such great garments with your vintage patterns! So inspiring....well done :-) Rosemary, NZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all of you who have achieved such wonderful vintage patterns. I really liked all of them and though these patterns didn't attract me in the past I'm going to buy and try atleast one. This time I had no time as I was and still am on a big project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all great. I would have loved to participate, but a few too many things are going on right now. Absolutely love the blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've returned from my hiking trip in Scotland and am enjoying all the sewing that our vintage invitation brought to our Lutterloh Blog. Remember what an all around system Lutterloh is for our wardrobes. After I wash three weeks of clothes and put away all the equipment I'll add a few things I've been sewing. nice job everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I have been using Lutterloh for a few weeks now and am loving it. Just need a little help locating a pattern for a shirt/blouse that has no darts, wide shoulders and just hangs from the shoulders. I have bought several extra supplements but cannot find the over shirt in any that I have got. Can anyone please point me at a supplement for this. Love this site and have read every word x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenni,
    depending on where you live there are listing on the right bar of the Lutterloh sites. The U.S site has some supplements with a couple of clicks you can open them to see what is in them. Try all the sites for older supplements. My other suggestion is ebay often they will have previews of all the patterns in a supplement. Or you can choose a pattern with darts and we can tell you how to remove them. Glad you are enjoying your patterns!

    ReplyDelete