Monday, November 13, 2017

Lutterloh Patterns Come Alive!

Supplement 306 Model#41 - Summer 2017
Raglan Sleeve Knit Top
 

I was trying to use up some remnants of fabric and this top seemed like a good candidate. It might appear to be just an average raglan sleeve top but there's a nice little zipper detail on the front sleeve of one side.

Pattern Drafting Hints:
Due to the raglan design this top is really only semi-fitted. There's plenty of room in the body and sleeves to pull over your head easily. Just enlarge the pattern to your regular Lutterloh measurements and apply any alterations needed for all your Lutterloh patterns. I have found lately that the Lutterloh necklines have been running both a little high and a bit wide for my taste. Make sure to paper fit before cutting your fabric.

Fabric Used/Suggested:
This pattern is designed for knit or stretch fabrics and I would not suggest otherwise. My print is a lightweight rayon/polyester blend and the solid black is a slightly heavier cotton blend interlock. Neither of my fabrics have a great amount of stretch but this pattern is loose enough to accommodate lots of different knits.

Design Changes: 
The one design change I made was to lower the neckline, only on the front piece, by 3/4 of an inch. I did use the sleeve length for the #42 top but this is actually the same pattern piece in two different lengths. I didn't have a decorative zipper so I used a regular 4" one and attached a charm. It's actually half of a fancy toggle clasp from my jewelry making supplies but who says hardware can't multitask?
Closing Hints:
This pattern was easy to enlarge, went together like a dream and is a great way to use up some remnants. What's not to like?

I noticed that just this afternoon the new Autumn 2017 Supplement #307 was published for sale on the German Lutterloh site. You can preview it at the link provided below:


I have barely had a chance to peruse it myself but I'm sure there will be something there that I'll be anxious to try. If you have any questions about the Lutterloh patterns or just want to leave a comment please feel free to add it below. 

Happy sewing everyone from,
Ann in Calif.

9 comments:

  1. What a great way to use remnants. Love the raglan sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gloria. It was nice to make something entirely of what I already had on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly enjoy reading about your blog posts concerning the Lutterloh patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you Mariela. We just want everyone to be able to make the best use of their patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fab. Love the zipper & jewellery charm. Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Maree. I like the jewelry charm too because I can change it to a different one for different occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ann and Fonnell!
    Congratulations of your blog! I love it, it's a really inspirational for a lot of Lutterloh sewers. Let me introduce myself, I'm Evangelina Cruz, Lutterloh dealer for Canada. I started sewing with lutterloh patterns since 12 years old. My mom was a Lutterloh teacher in Mexico. I settled in Quebec Canada 12 years ago, since then I'm certified dealer for Canada in french, spanish and english. I always refer your blog to my clients because I found it very helpfully and full of great ideas. I leave you my web site www.lutterloh.ca Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Evangelina,
    My first Lutterloh find was a box of supplements from the 1950's that came from Mexico! The women who had owned them lovingly wrote messages on each pattern she used. I treasure them! Nice to hear from you, I'll add your site to our list. we keep the basic posting for beginners over on the numbered list so new people can find helpful postings right off.

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot Fonnell. I'm always happy to find lutterloh experiences and see all the projects people made. I will continue follow your blog and talk about it. Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete